Top 5 Best RV Vacuum Reviews (Updated May 2020)
As an owner of the RV, it is your responsibility to keep it clean and tidy, especially if you like using it to drive around the country. More than this, you need to make sure that those who are going to board your RV will not feel uncomfortable because it is full of dust and dirt. You sleep in your RV and you deserve a fresh and clean environment while you have a trip.
Before you buy a vacuum cleaner, you first have to know what to look for in a good one and the 5 products you can choose from. There are a lot of manufacturers that will tell you they are the best and will confuse you with a lot of unnecessary features, which is why you need this guide. In this post, you will be given tips on how to choose a good one and products you can choose from.Table could not be displayed.
What To Consider When Buying RV Vacuum Cleaner
Upright or Canister
You need to determine if this is what you need to fulfill your lifestyle and environment. There are certainly different kinds of vacuum cleaners and analyze how you are going to choose the one for you. The decision you make here is dependent on how much carpeting and flooring you have in the RV. When you already know the kind of RV vacuum cleaner, there are a lot of other considerations you need to make that will help you narrow down the choices available.
These considerations cover the kind of flooring the RV has, if you had a carpet placed or rugs and also how many people enter and exit the RV. They all have dirt on their shoes, the performance, ease of use, durability, filtration, the level of noise, storage, capacity, cost and factors.
This is just as important as the traffic and type of dirt because this determines the kind of vacuum cleaner you need to buy. Carpets today are made of synthetic fiber, mainly nylon, elofin and polyester are also needed in making fibers because of their durability and it can handle the most aggressive vacuum cleaner.
The natural fibers should receive a gentler type of treatment and the most common fiber they use for wall-to-wall carpeting is wool. The durability of wool is the reason why it is very popular, but you have to take extra care when vacuuming it. The revolving brush is useful on wool, but the bristles have to be flexible and gentle. It should not have the same density as the brush roll to avoid fuzzing the yarns and wear the carpet out.
- High-level fibers are responsible for trapping the microscopic particles that include pollen and droppings of dust mites that cause allergies and asthma. The best kind of filters has a HEPA mark on them.
- Bag-free cleaning is not ideal for asthmatics, but it gives you a full suction in the entire cleaning process, spares you time and you will experience less hassle in cleaning out the dirt. In addition to this, you don’t have to keep on buying bags.
- Pet-hair features and all decent vacuums are able to get rid of this. A pet-friendly vacuum can give you a better way to get fur off from the seats in the RV and other surfaces. There are models that come with a rotating brush that can fit on the vacuum hose in order to remove the fur from the interiors.
You need to evaluate the surfaces in the RV, especially the flooring. Does you RV have wall-to-wall carpeting in some areas? Or do you mostly have smooth floors, maybe you use area rugs?
Make sure to find out if your RV has special floor cleaning needs that might require you to put special attachments? These might be high ceilings, light fixtures, ceiling fans, special collections, and others.
Check on your RV’s flooring before purchasing a vacuum cleaner because this is going to determine the type of vacuum you need and if you have to buy special attachments.
Top 5 RV Vacuum Reviews
1. Stanley Black & Decker FHV1200W Cordless Mini Canister Vac
No products found.
The replacement filter for this model is FVF100 which is ultra-compact, cordless and high-performing. It is a 4-foot hose with flexibility, with a long crevice, nozzle or brush tool, and can be used for pet-cleaning. The 3-stage filtration system is for cleaning exhaust in the air and it has an easy-empty canister to remove the dirt. There is a charger, storage caddy, and the filter can be put in the dishwasher. The dimensions are 12 1/5 x 6 2/5 x 10” and it has a 2-year warranty. The weight of the product is 5.2 pounds.
- The smaller nozzle allows it to reach more hidden spaces and spots
- Regarding pet hair efficiency, this is ideal for you
- It is great for cleaning the RV and it can clean spills in the car
- When I ordered this product, it arrived on time and it works according to how it is advertised
- Even after years of using it regularly, it still works great and I would buy this again if needed
- Using it is not difficult at all and even my daughter is able to operate it on her own
- I wish it had a longer battery life, but it is overall an awesome product
I love this product because it is compact, powerful and it works according to how it is advertised. I would recommend it even to my friends because it works great.
2. H-P Products 9614 Black All-in-One Central Vacuum System
No products found.
This product is a central vacuum which is powerful, versatile, and will fulfill your needs. You can install the main unit under the seats, inside the closets, or compartments and the kit for cleaning has a lot of various tools in 1/2 cubic foot of storage space. The dimensions are 12 x 18 x 14 inches and the weight is 15 pounds. The space saving design in the RV is at a premium and it is meant to make room for the most important stuff. It is not as bulky as other standard upright vacuum cleaners so you are guaranteed that this will not take up a lot of space.
- I thought it was intimidating to install, but I able to do it alone and it now works as expected
- The amount of suction produced by this vacuum is better than most so no dirt is left on the surface
- It definitely works fast and I was not disappointed because that is what the advertisement said
- It is so worth it for what I paid for and using it is not complicated so anyone can use it whenever they need to
- There is an expandable hose that can reach all of the RV’s interiors
- I also use it on the linoleum rug and I am glad that it arrived on time
- All of the dust are sucked in and storage is easy
- You need to be careful with your finger because this vacuum has a very strong suction
With all of the conveniences this vacuum has provided me, I definitely want you to check it out and you will not be disappointed because of how powerful it is.
3. Dyson DC44 Animal Digital Slim MK2
No products found.
This one comes with a 2-year warranty for parts and labor when you buy it from an authorized reseller and the digital motor is 3 times quicker than most of the traditional motors. This is one of the most efficient cordless vacuum. The motorized floor tool has carbon fiber brushes and the carbon fiber brushes can take care of hard floors.
There is a rotating nylon brush that can remove dirt ground from the carpets. There is an additional 20 minutes in run time and 20 minutes of suction that is highly constant. There is a mini tool with a motor included. The dimensions are 11.8 x 5.7 x 28.4” and the weight is 10.2 pounds.
- It is very convenient because I can mount it on the wall and just grab it every time I need to suck something out
- If I see hair anywhere, this vacuum takes care of it because of how good the suction is
- Works well and getting used to it is easy to use around the RV
- There are several attachments that come with this vacuum and I use them for cleaning all parts of the RV
- The battery life is awesome and longer than most
- Because of its portability, maneuvering it is no hassle for me
- I wish the lint bin were bigger so I do not have to empty it so often
You should buy this if you want something compact, easy to use and can be mounted anywhere so you can use it anytime.
4. Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac (HV292)
No products found.
Comes with a very flexible hose attachment of hoses and it connects the cleaning tools to the rocket for great control and you can reach tight spaces to get rid of hidden dirt. There is a TruePet brush included to get pet hair, debris, and it deep cleans the surfaces. The 15 feet power cord gives you freedom so that the entire room is cleaned.
In order to empty the vacuum, all you have to do is to remove the dust cup and discard debris. You do not need any vacuum bag for this there is an extended hose, a 12” crevice tool, and a dusting brush. It never loses suction, portable, light, and complete. The dimensions are 9.7 x 4.9 x 13.6” and the weight is 3.7 pounds.
- The fantastic power gives me assurance that everything is sucked in
- The built of the unit is very solid so I know that its durability will make it last long
- The pet brush can be used for other parts of the RV and even on the carpets
- When I touched the handle, I immediately its good design and it does not get painful even if I’ve been using the vacuum for a longer time than usual
- The bin opens up without spilling anything so it is not gross to use
- The vacuum is not too loud and the attachments are really useful
- It is a bit on the heavy side, but that is because of the strong motor
I will definitely buy this product and I think you would too because of how powerful it is. If you have a big RV, buy this one.
5. Dyson DC40 Origin Upright Vacuum Cleaner
No products found.
It comes with a 5-year warranty for parts and labor if the reseller is authorized and the cyclone technology this one has is able to catch more dirt than other cyclones and the airflows were remodeled to help get rid of more dirt. There is a self-adjusting cleaner head that stays contracted on all types of flooring. There are no peculiar dials or it bends down for adjustment.
The core components of the ball technology are inside the ball and create a lower center part of gravity. Dimensions are 8.8 x 10.8 x 36.2” and the weight is 14.6 pounds. You can easily steer it inside difficult to reach places and the material used is ABS and polycarbonate which is what they use for riot shields and crash helmets. All of the components were tested multiple times.
- The ball of the vacuum is awesome because of its awesome technology
- The edge cleaning is incomparable
- You will not lose suction at all and empty the bin is easy
- It is really lightweight so it is easy to take around with you
- The wand slides are cool and everything is well-designed
- I wish the cord was longer, but not a big deal
It is one of the most lovable corded vacuums you can buy because it is lightweight and it cleans everything fast. This one is going to last for years and you can depend on its durability.
These are the products you need to consider when buying a vacuum for your RV because all of them have performed well even for others and I do not want you to get lost which is why I gave tips on how to pick the best one. Always determine what you really need before spending money, especially that you will use it for cleaning the entire RV.
It is not good to have dust mites and other allergens in the RV because you will sometimes live in there during your trips. Make sure to check out all of the features first before buying and read reviews and feedbacks so you will know what to expect.
You will also enjoy using the vacuum because you will see how the dirt and hair are sucked in by the machine. Getting rid of them will make your RV living convenient, enjoyable and comfortable because can breathe clean air.