Top 5 Best Rv Tankless Water Heater Reviews (Updated May 2018)
Everyone likes to take a bath in hot water and that is even more crucial when camping because sometimes the weather can be really cold outside, especially if there are a lot of trees around. With the different kinds of RVs available today, there are water heaters that are specifically designed for each type.
That is why before buying a water heater for your RV, you should first find out what you need to consider. If your RV has been with you long enough, it is only natural that you might decide that your water heater needs a replacement or an upgrade. There could be several reasons why you would want to change your water heater, but choosing the right one is going to matter a lot because you will use it for years. It is also an investment to your RV which is why you must not make a mistake.
Last update on 2020-03-19 at 13:43 PST - Details
Aside from the tips that will be given, there is also a list of 5 water heaters for you to choose from and help you narrow down which one to get.
What to Consider Before Buying a RV Tankless Water Heater
1. Comparing Cost to a Standard
The standard water heaters have 6 or 10 gallons of and majority of the RVs have a 6-gallon water heater. If the RV has a 10-gallon tank, then it is not the standard one since it has normally been upgraded. If there are 4 people using the water heater, 6 gallons will run out right away.
If it the water heater holds 10 gallons, it takes an hour for it to heat up completely. The tankless ones will always have water.
2. Are You Always Going Out for The Weekend?
If yes, the tankless water heaters are great for campers who like to spend their weekend elsewhere and want to wash dishes easily just like being at home. It is because the reliability of these water heaters is 99% and can provide you with clean and fresh hot water. Water heaters do not cause scalding water injuries because they are safe to use and there are no leaking issues.
Aside from being energy efficient, they also use less fuel. It is actually environmentally friendly for the people who like are kind to the environment. The standard water heaters are always holding hot water that uses energy that costs you a lot of money. Tankless heaters do not have to heat up the entire tank, which is going to save you money.
4. Uses Natural Gas
There is a gas burner at the tank’s bottom that has a venting chimney running through the center and all the way to the top. The byproducts of water vapor and carbon dioxide come out through the chimney and exits through the chimney or vent on the side wall. The flame is produced by a pilot light powered by gas. The natural gas models are priced higher compared to the electric ones, but they have higher efficiency.
5. Electric Water Heaters
This type of heater has large coils hanging down into the tank to heat water. The coils are like the ones fond in electric ovens. In general, the efficiency of electric water heaters is not as good as the ones that use natural gas or propane. Although, they cost less and do not need venting. If you do not require a lot of heated water, you can opt for this one.
You should know that tankless water heaters have to be upgraded to a gas line or a vent that will cost you a lot, but it will all be worth it. Aside from that, they are dependent on the pressure that has been delivered to your home so make sure that your plumbing system is good. A minimum flow rate is another thing they need to have the heat exchanger activated.
7. Size of The Systems
Remember to check the size of the opening prior to buying a new hot water heater. There are measurements that need to be checked and the opening of the sidewall might have to be larger so you would have to do adjustments.
Top 4 RV Tankless Water Heater Reviews
1. Camp Chef HWD5 Triton Hot Water Heater
No products found.
It is made of steel and it heats up 1.5 gallons of water every minute. You can fully adjust the heat and even the water flow. There are 4 settings you can use: mist, jet, mist, and off. There is an 8-foot water hose included. It can stand on its own or you can use brackets for hanging this one.
The carry handle can be folded down for easy storage and the minimum required pressure is 25 to 30 PSI coming from the hose and right heat function with a maximum pressure of 80 PSI. The heating unit can be ignited automatically when water is on. You need to use 2 batteries, but they are not included. The dimensions are 23 x 13.4 x 8” and the weight is 14.6 pounds.
- Great for washing animals and it gives you immediate hot water
- I have been using for 4 years and it is still working like it is new
- So far, I have not experienced any issues with ventilation
- The adjustment dial is able to set the water temperature correctly
- I am glad to know that the product works just like how it is advertised and even better than
- Setting up was pretty easy
- The heater does not stay lit while taking a shower, but I do not have other issues
I think that this product is great value for your money and if you want instant hot water to use.
2. Eccotemp L10 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water Heater
Last update on 2020-03-19 at 13:43 PST - Details
The product comes with 9’ gas regulator that has been approved by the CSA and there is a hose to be used for standard 20 lbs. grill tank style. There is a stainless-steel rain cap and a ½” NPT adapter for garden hose. The BTU is 74,500 and a 20-minute automatic safety timer shut-off.
The product dimensions are 6.5 x 13.5 x 28”and the weight is 27 pounds. The flow rate is 2.6 GPM with a maximum pressure of 80 PSI. There is a 1 year warranty for the heater.
- The temperature mixes well with the temperature of the incoming water
- I have been using this one for years and I have not experienced any problems yet
- My cabin is located off the grid and using this water heater is one of the best things I have out there
- Installing it is fast and easy because of the instructions that comes with it
- The shipping was fast and on time so I was able to enjoy its wonderful function right away
- Using it did not give me a hard time at all and even first-timers are able to operate it right away
- They need to improve the battery box because it needs to be sturdier in my opinion, but I still love it
This is a water tank that is one of the easiest to use and you will not be disappointed if you decide to purchase this one.
3. Aquaking Outdoorsman Tankless Water Heater - Propane (LPG) - Portable - Battery Powered Ignition - Camping - RV
No products found.
This product has an easy portability and weighs only 10 pounds. The ignition is battery powered that uses 2 D cell batteries. This water heater is great for campsite use, especially when you are fishing, hunting, and other places that require hot water.
The dimensions of the product are 22 x 14 x 7.3” and the weight is 11.4 pounds. It can be hooked up to water connections that are already there and have a constant supply of hot water. The connections of the gas and water are both ½” pipe thread.
- I am able to use it for my dog’s bathtub outside and I love that
- I really found this to be easy to manage and the water heater is very efficient
- The water heated up pretty quickly after I turned it on and this is important during Winter
- I have a single sink in my RV and that is why this one is perfect
- This unit was so simple to install and initially thought I would have a hard time
- I have owned this unit for years and it is still working like new
- I had to buy a pump that will work well with it, but that was easy. So now I have no other complaints and I love how fast it is in heating water up
This is a tankless water heater that is able to fulfill my needs, especially during winter when hot water is crucial. It is a product I would highly recommend to anyone.
4. Camplux 10L Outdoor 2.64GPM Digital Display Portable Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater and Shower
Last update on 2020-03-19 at 06:52 PST - Details
It has a summer and winter type of conversion function that is able to save gas during summer time and there is a 20-minute automatic safety function, protection against flame failure, and comes with an anti-freezing protection. The compact and lightweight structure is composed of 11.5% energy saving function.
There is a multi-functional shower head and you can switch the setting according to how you want your hot water. There is a CSA approved regulator for the gas, a 5-foot hose, brass pipe, and fitting for the hose. The product dimensions are 12.9 x 8.3 x 21.6” and the weight is 18.1 pounds.
- I am happy I bought this heater because of how easy it is to set it up
- This one works well and it works exactly like how it is advertised
- It works at a faster velocity compared to the other water heaters
- After buying the right water hose and valve, the heater works excellently
- There was a part that was broken when I got it, but the company answered quickly and sent me a replacement right away. I could not complain after that
This is one of the best products out there and you should buy this one if you are looking for an efficient water heater.
After reading what to consider and the 4 products you can choose from, you are now ready to buy a tankless water heater for your RV. Pick one from the 4 to never have regrets.