Best Electric Heater For RV (Updated June 2020)
Every electric heater has 100% efficiency and that is only if they can be converted to all the electrical energy they utilize into heat. Although, they differ in the manner of how they release the heat into the room. There is an explanation on the kind of heater that is best for the situation. They are perfect when you want to make your room extra warm without heating the rest of the house. The electric heaters of today can give enough warmth while helping to keep their heating bills low during the cold months. Being able to find the right one will depend on how much you will use it and the size of the room.Table could not be displayed.
Top 5 RV Electric Heater Reviews
Mr. Heater Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater
No products found.
It is a 4,000 to 9,000 radiant hearer that takes up a total space of 225 square feet and it has been given approval for indoor and outdoor use. It can provide a clean-burning that is almost 100% efficient. It will auto shut-off once it gets tipped over and the pilot light turns off if it detects oxygen at low levels. You can easily fold down the handle, and connect it to a propane tank. Do not use unauthorized attachments with this heater because it may cause severe injury. The weight of the product is 9.5 lbs. And the dimensions are 9 x 14.2 x 14.4.”
- This one works great and it is very easy to setup. The heater is sturdy, can warm up quickly in a 10 x 12 tent
- I do not have a problem using it while I sleep because it works perfectly and quietly
- It can easily increase the temperature from 10 to 15 degrees so that sleeping at night is comfortable
- When I turn it on, I do not feel cold and it is not too hot that it makes me sweat
- It can burn the propane too fast if you are not careful
DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Heater
Micathermic Space Heaters
No products found.
Works quietly and instantly using 1500 watts of heating power and it is a light weight, stylish way to bring heat to your room. It has a sleek and modern design that is ideal to decorate any home. This heater uses space efficiently with an option to mount it on the wall. You only have to get rid of the feet that come from the base and mount to any wall. This includes any wall mounting kit. You need to design your heating needs with a thermostat that is adjustable that uses two heat settings. You need to pick the high setting for the 1500 watts and 750 watts for low setting. Includes a thermal cut-off, tip-over switch, and power/caption that uses indicator lights.
- Perfect for heating up a room and it works silently so you are able to sleep peacefully
- This heater has a very capability when it comes to heating up space and the heater can produce radiant heat that the room can warm up really well
- It does not have any red light which I like because it is not disturbing
- This one does not dry out air when compared to blow heaters
- The heater can emit a bad smell after some time, but you can eliminate this by giving proper maintenance
DeLonghi EW7707CM Safe Heat 1500W ComforTemp Portable Oil-Filled Radiator
Oil-filled Portable Radiant Space Heaters
No products found.
It has 1500 watts of heating power, operates silently. This one is ideal for large rooms and medium ones that demand constant heat when the season is cold. It is a high-quality heater that is patented and assembly is made of steel. It is a permanently sealed oil reservoir and you never have to refill it. The feature ComforTemp Button can help you cut your energy costs by keeping it at room temperature. The thermostat can be adjustable and the setting lets you customize your needs for heating. The patented smart-snap wheels are fit into place perfectly so you do not have to assemble them. The patented thermal slots maximize the flow heat but you can maintain the surface temperature low. The safe heat features are thermal cut-off and anti-freeze setting
- Keeps my room comfortable, but keep in mind that its performance would also depend on the insulation of your house
- Works wonderfully in small spaces
- The product can last for two years and even more, as long as you give good maintenance for it
- It is a unit I would consider rugged and reliable
- This heater is very quiet and energy efficient so I can rely on it if I want to conserve energy and sleep better
- I cannot see the thermostat in dim light and the wheels are a bit flimsy
Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater
Infrared Portable Space Heaters
No products found.
This one is capable of heating a large room using Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat Protection. The dual heating systems feature an infrared quartz tube and PTC that comes with a 12-hour shut-off timer (automatic). There is an IR Remote Control, High-Pressure Low Noise Blower that has IR Remote Control, and High-Pressure Lowe Noise Blower. The Noise level is 39 with a dB that is super quiet. The Electronic Thermostat ranges from 50 to 86 degrees. It has Caster Wheels and lifetime filter. The weight of the product is 24 lbs. And uses about 12.5 amps of power. It is 1500 watts
- I can leave if on for 24 hours and that is not a problem
- Ideal for heating up my main living area and my family loves it
- It does not add a lot on the electric bill even if it operates very loud
- The unit does not take up too much space and it releases enough heat
- When it is properly positioned, it can heat up to two inter-connected large rooms
- Avoid using a different remote for this one because you will not be able to turn it off
Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
Ceramic Portable Space Heaters
It is ETL listed and it is 1500 watts with high setting, 900 watts low setting, and there is an option if you only want to use the fan. The manual controls are self-regulating elements made of ceramic and it operates quietly. There is automatic overheat protection so you are safe and has a convenient carrying handle. The dimensions of the product are 6 x 7 x 9.2 inches. There is an adjustable thermostat control for a comfort that is personalized. The quiet settings are not confusing because you only have to choose from high heat, low heat, and fan only
- The size is small but it is awesome because it heats up the room really fast
- It is a quiet machine with a manageable thermostat and appropriate fan speed
- You can use it to heat up a 10 x 10 space so it works great for medium-sized rooms
- It is well-built and made of solid wood so I know that it is sturdy and will not easily fall apart
- I love the way it looks because it is simple and classic
- It cannot heat up 1000 square feet
Safety precautions when using electric heater for RV
The portable models of today have safety features that help in removing your worries when you use them. If the heater has a tip-or-tilt-over switch, then it will shut off right away when you accidentally tip them over. This is very useful, specifically in areas where active children or pets are roaming around. The room heaters that have overheat protection switches work in the same way. It utilizes a temperature sensor, which detects internal components when they are heated too much. When it reaches an unsafe temperature and it gets detected, the switch will shut off the unit to stop it from overheating.
It should have safety certifications
These portable heaters that are included in the Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories list only prove and certify that their certain needs and safety standards are met. The ones that manufactured these heaters are required to give important information regarding safe usage of their products.
You should only use an electric heater that has bene tested in the laboratory so that they pass the national safety standard.
Make sure that the electric heater is at least 3 feet away from the drapes, bedding, furniture and other materials that are flammable. You also have to make sure that children and pets do not come near the electric heater.
Turn if off when you leave
Do not leave the electric heater on when you leave the area or if you will go to bed. This can cause fire and it is better to prevent it from happening instead of having regrets later on because you left the heater unattended. This is especially important when other people are with you in the RV or house.
Picking the right heater is essential for you, especially when the weather is already getting cold. You need to consider that you need to avoid wasting money because you bought the wrong one. This guide is intended for you and keep in mind that you need to be aware of the safety precautions that come with the product. If you choose any of the products listed here, you will not make a mistake and it will be the best electric you will have.