5 Simple Steps On How To Paint Your Car Like A Pro
Car painting is the most time consuming and difficult project to carry out. Painting your car needs 100% attention for you to get a perfect result. Do you want to paint your car yourself and prevent paying experts extra money to paint for you? Painting your vehicles needs some basic skills. Painting your vehicle yourself gives you enough satisfaction and save your time and money. In this article you will learn the step by step basics you need in other to paint your car yourself.
What You Will Need
These are all what are needed to be ready for car painting:
- Time: Car painting is
time consuming. You need to set a convenient time for yourself like around two to three days. It is advisable to paint your car during weekends. This is when you can be free from all your works and will have enough time to do the painting from start to finish.
- Paints: These are the most important materials you will need to start painting your car. The quantity of paints needed for car painting depends on the type of vehicle you have. For example, you need one gallon of basecoat paint, around three gallon of top coat, and two to three gallon of clear coat for small or medium sized vehicles while for larger vehicles like trucks, you will need something more than that. Though experts will use less than this but for you who are new to painting you need more than enough paint possible that you can use when you make mistakes.
- Air compressor and a Paint spray gun: These are used for spraying paints on the vehicle.
- Electric or air powered sander: This is used for smoothing the vehicle for effective painting.
- Wet and dry sandpaper: You need around 1200- and 2000-grit sandpaper for proper smoothing the places where an electric sander will not be suitable.
- Face mask, undercoat and safety glasses: All these are necessary to protect you from the hazard usually caused by the chemicals used in making the paints
- Masking tape and old newspapers: These are used for covering your walls and floors from stains that may occur during painting. When you cover your walls and floors it will be easy to remove paint stains. It is also used for masking areas you don’t want to paint like the windscreen, mirrors, the tires and rims, and much more.
Procedures: How To Paint Car
After reading the article, you may have learned the basics you need to know before painting your car. Know how to paint cars does not only give you satisfaction but saves your time, money and mostly reduces stress you pass through when you need to employ someone to do it for you.
Author of Article